Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis (AUR40216) provides you the knowledge and skills required in automotive technical industry. This course provides advanced training for automotive technicians to further develop their technical skills.
This course helps you in developing skills in carrying diagnosis of complex faults, setting, operating, monitoring specialist machines and repairing electronic systems.
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- Successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification
- IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or Certificate III in EAL or its equivalent
- Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Have physical attributes suitable for working in the automotive industry that encompasses manual handling or equipment including lifting and carrying heavy objects within scope of safe working practices (i.e. removing and fitting engine electrical components and parts)
- Applicant is required to complete the Pre-Training Review which assist our trainers to better understand each student’s capabilities prior to training and enable all students to be matched to the right program for them.
- Applicants must complete the PAX LLN test. Applicants are expected to have an appropriate level of literacy and numeracy skills, which will be evaluated via a literacy and numeracy assessment during the application process.
- Those undertaking the Certificate IV Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis must have completed an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification, or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
Teaching is conducted in the classroom as well as in the Automotive Workshop when required to simulate real work environment. The delivery will include face to face teaching, lectures, discussions, research, learning activities, group work and supervised practical sessions.
Assessments comprise of written assignments and project works, case studies and practical demonstration.
Graduates may find employment in automotive Industry as a:
- Automotive lead or master technician
- Automotive technical adviser
Pathways from the qualification
Further training pathways from this qualification include AUR50116 Diploma of Automotive Management or other relevant qualifications.
Possible Job Titles
- Motor Mechanic (General)
- Automotive Light Vehicle Mechanical Repair Technician
- Mobile Plant Technician
- Heavy Commercial Trailer Technician
To attain the AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis, 10 units must be completed:
- 1 core units
- 9 elective units
|UNIT CODE||UNIT NAME|
|AURASA102||Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace|
|AURTTA121||Diagnose complex system faults|
|AURTTE104||Inspect and service engines|
|AURETR137||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle safety systems|
|AURLTB104||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle braking systems|
|AURLTD109||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems|
|AURLTE104||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle petrol engines|
|AURLTX104||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle automatic transmission and driveline systems|
|AURTTR101||Diagnose complex faults in engine management systems|
|AURLTE105||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle diesel engines|